1) Tales loosely inspired by actual events.*
- Nha Trang, Vietnam: "The symptoms of the bubonic plague include: fever, chills, and a loss of interest in online dating."
- Romantic encounter on a Greek ferry: "You have a great arm," I said, as she threw her purse into the Mediterranean.
*These pieces are reworked scenes from a novel in progress with the working title: "The Loneliest Planet: A Handbook for the Chronically Single"
2) Trip Around the World
- After four months and five continents, I could say in three languages: "Do you speak English? "How much is the pepto-bismol?" and "Excuse me, is this the evacuation helicopter?"
- Prostitution for Dummies and one day at the massage parlor
- Revelstoke, B.C.: Scoring weed, make mine a double, "Dear Greyhound Canada."
- Big Sky, Montana: Encounter with a snowboarder."'You're a grown man, you should know better than that,' said the 20-something snowboarder as I lay face-down in the snow."