1) Travel Alert for India
Warnings about terrorist attacks during Indian holiday season. Alert expires on 10/30/09. more
2) Get Best Seats on the Plane
- Don't travel on Fridays and Sundays.
- Bribe the gate agent.
- Dress like a mensch more
3) Top Travel Scams and How to Avoid Them
- Hotels that lie about proximity to beaches, airports etc. (check location in Google Maps)
- Dangerous knock offs, such as pharmaceuticals.
- Money changers.
- Taxis. more
- New scam in Thailand: Jet ski rentals companies that charge for questionable damage. more
4) More Untested Tips for Avoiding Jet Lag
- Wear loose footwear
- Eat dried cherries.
- Spend 20 minutes in direct sunlight without sunglasses upon landing at destination.
- Eat carbs to sleep, and fats and protein to stay awake.
- Allow one day to recover for every hour time difference you experience. more
5) Best Smartphone for International Travelers
The BlackBerry Tour 9630 lots of features but lacks Wi-Fi.
6) Detritus, Flotsam, Jetsam
- Swine Flu Prevention in France: Government asks people to stop
greeting each other by kissing. more
- World's Weirdest Foods: Pig blood cake, grasshopper (with or without legs), snake wine (Tasty: I can vouch for it), donkey.
- Top Beaches for Shark Attacks: Hong Kong, South Africa, Costa Rica, Brazil. more
- Little Bakery of Horrors: bread sculpted to look like body parts. Not for the squeamish. more
Sign up for my newsletter
Search engine friendly directory
Bring valuable traffic to your site by adding your domain to our free search engine friendly directory